The Slow Spoke is a place where I put my thoughts to words and hopefully some will read them. Since I'm a major bike geek most entries will be bike related but, not always. I'm also guilty of thinking far too much so you never know what the topic will be. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Friday 12 February 2010


Just found this old photo on my pc and figured I’d share a quick story. After picking my daughter up from her daycare and packing her into the car she noticed my new issue of Dirt Rag that I left in the back seat next to her. She loves this magazine and looks forward to the new issues as much as I do. We sit together and flip through them and talk about what we're looking at. She really enjoys the artwork which is not often found in other bike mags. It is not uncommon for me to find her surrounded by the books she loves and a few random Dirt Rag magazines she's selected amongst them. I got a good laugh at how she was so engrossed in this particular occasion that she didn't even notice we were home and I was taking a photo. I dream of days of riding with my kids. I'm trying to instill the bike culture into them and if a publication like this can help me - I’m all for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment